As we’re heading into the last part of summer, I thought I would share some beauty products that I finished up this season! I’m thinking about doing this based on seasons, since products I use sometimes depend on what season it is. AND, there’s absolutely no way I can get through several items in just one month! I’d have nothing to write about!
You know I like to get to the point, so here we go! (From left to right)
- Living proof restore shampoo and conditioner – I was really excited to try this shampoo and conditioner because of all the great things that I heard about the brand. A long time ago, I had a sample of the “Perfect Hair” shampoo and conditioner from this line and it made my hair feel SO good! Since I have color treated hair, I decided to pick up “restore” for the extra care. Unfortunately…my hair didn’t feel very restored. This was the first time I experienced a shampoo and conditioner that made my hair tangle like crazy! Maybe I didn’t use enough? It felt like a lot! If you’ve tried this and it worked out for you, let me know in the comments what your experience was!
- Kate Somerville Gentle Daily Wash – it’s been a long, long time since I’ve been waiting to get my hands on some Kate Somerville. Not sure what’s been holding me back though LOL! I figured I would start off with this gentle face wash. Overall, I really liked the gel consistency of this face wash. As it says in the name, it is gentle, but effective too! I wouldn’t rely on this product alone to get rid of make up in one wash, but I would suggest it as a great morning cleanser. The only downside to this product, in my opinion, is the packaging. While the twist cap is cool, it does also face down on your counter and is rather awkward to open and close while dispensing the product into your hand.
- Algenist Sublime Defense Ultra Lightweight UV Defense Fluid SPF 50 – after using Shiseido and Clarins sunscreens for years, I really wanted to switch it up. Walked into a Sephora and was recommended this Algenist sunscreen as an alternative. At 50 SPF, this product gives a lot of sun protection. This is a sunscreen that is very light weight and needs to be shaken before use. If you’re used to using the Shiseido or Clarins sunscreens, you might feel like this sunscreen is a little greasy in the very beginning. It took me a little while to get adjusted to the consistency, but after a while I found it to feel more hydrating. I really like it and would recommend trying it out if you’re interested! My skin had no bad reactions to this sunscreen (sometimes SPF makes me break out!).
- Environ C-Boost – Environ is a high grade product line with a lot of scientific research behind it. I picked up this product from my esthetician, who only uses products that have been tested and have research to back it up. Packed with vitamin C to help even out skin tone, reduce fine lines and brighten the skin, this c-boost cream is light weight and absorbs quickly into the skin when applied. It helps my skin feel great and look good. I love using this product when my skin is feeling particularly…BLAH.
- Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2 – oldie but goodie. This toner has been good to me! Helps keep any breakouts at bay and keep my skin clear. This stuff is effective, but I’m really trying to move away from any products that have alcohol in it. Honestly, this one is pretty strong, and sometimes people don’t know how I’ve been using it off and on since high school! I’ll be saying “bye-bye” to this toner in my search to more natural products.
Have you tried any of these products? Do you have more questions about these? I’d be happy to answer them! Let me know in the comments below!
Thanks for stopping by!
*This is not a sponsored post. I have purchased products from the above mentioned stores with my own money. I always promise to give my honest feedback.*