This year’s Nordstrom Anniversary sale is coming to a close! This sale always happens around the mid summer, almost fall season. The unique thing about this sale is that it’s basically a sale that has fall items on discount before fall starts! Instead of waiting until the season is over to get discounted items, you can get them in preparation for fall/winter!
OK, OK… I know. I don’t live in a place that has “seasons” because it’s summer year round in Hawaii, right? 😛
Not only does Nordstrom have great fall fashion and accessories on sale during this time – there are also some great beauty specials!
Figured I should stay away from the fashion anyway…since I already had my LA shopping trip. And I honestly wasn’t going to shop this sale, until I got an email that there was a glitch on Nordstrom’s website and because of the possible inconvenience with the sale, they were offering 10x bonus points for those using their Nordstrom credit card for a limited period of time! At that point, I just couldn’t say no. 😉
Anyways, here’s what I picked up!
Great products that work! This was a skincare set from Clinique at $42 [regular price estimated at $60]. I compared the prices of the full sized products in this set to the individual ones online. The conclusion – this set offers larger sized products at a lower cost that buying the individual items separately! *thumbs up!*
- “take the day off makeup remover for lids, lashes & lips” – this jumbo size 6.7 oz bottle is quite a bit larger that their regular full size. One of my fave waterproof eye makeup removers, this product gets black mascara and all your eye shadow off soooooo easily.
- “take the day off cleansing balm” – another jumbo size jar that includes 4.2 oz of product. Just before purchasing this, I received a tiny sample size with a gift with purchase and this balm dissolves all makeup fast, but very gently! I was looking for something to new to try after I finish up my Shu Uemura cleansing oil, so I’m really happy I picked this up.
- High Impact mascara – I’ve not tried this mascara yet, but I’m always down to test out a new mascara! Here’s a deluxe sample size.
I’m new to drybar products, but have been hearing so many great things about this brand. I visited their salon location in LA while I was on my trip [review coming soon!] but didn’t get a chance to take home any of their products. This “Full Size Faves Set” was priced at $49, but if you were to purchase them individually they would be $72
- Detox Dry Shampoo – dry shampoos haven’t really been my thing, but I’m always open to trying something! I’ve seen a lot of reviews online and people are liking this, so it’s worth a shot!
- Prep Rally – prime & prep detanglers are always something I feel like I need. I tried it tonight after I showered and it definitely made it easier to comb my hair. Thumbs up to that!
- Triple Sec – this 3-in-1 product is supposed to add texture, volume and work as a dry shampoo. I’ll be giving this a try the next time I take a curling iron to my hair 🙂
This Kate Somerville clarifying treatment toner was at regular price and not actually part of the sale. Nordstrom had a gift with purchase offer if the customer spent a certain dollar amount [which I didn’t reach]. I really just needed a new toner in my line up, and I’ve been trying to stay away from toners with alcohol as an ingredient. This particular toner has witch hazel, which is a natural antiseptic that helps fight and prevent acne. I’ve been meaning to try this one for quite a while now, so I thought the 10x bonus point promotion was the perfect opportunity.
Have you tried any of these products? Or have you shopped the Nordstrom Anniversary sale before? Let me know in the comments below!
Thanks for stopping by!
*This is not a sponsored post. I have purchased products from the above mentioned stores with my own money, and inquired about this recycle programs for my own curiosity. I always promise to give my honest feedback. Please note that these programs may have changed since the date this has been posted.*